These summer rolls recipe are quick and easy to make, once paired with their peanut sauce they will become your go-to appetiser recipe. The good thing about summer rolls is that they are incredibly adaptable. You can easily replace shrimp with cooked pork or remove meat altogether for a veggie option. With flexible ingredients, you can switch any of the vegetables and put as much of one particular ingredient as you fancy. Once you taste them with their peanut sauce you’ll adore them!
Summer rolls are sometimes called salad rolls or fresh spring rolls. However, they are not the same thing as traditional spring rolls, which tend to be smaller, fried and made with cooked vegetables and meat. Hence, this summer rolls and peanut sauce recipe are an optimal fresh and light dish!
What you will need for summer rolls:
Instructions for summer rolls:
1. Boil noodles for about 5 minutes or until just tender, and drain.
2. Meanwhile, devein the shrimp and then poach in salted boiling water until they are pink and opaque. Rinse under cold water and peel.
4. Place a sheet of rice paper in a shallow bowl of warm water until just softened. Lift the sheet from water and place it on a plate. Note: The width of your fillings determines the width of the summer roll, so leave a few inches free on all extremes (sides, top and bottom) for wrapping.
5. Place the shrimp (we recommend 3 shrimps per summer roll) first so that you can see them through the rice paper once rolled. Then add the remaining vegetables in whichever order you prefer.
6. To wrap the summer rolls, fold the bottom edge of the rice paper up over the filling gently pulling the fillings in. Fold in the sides and continue rolling by turning it, like you would a burrito, until your roll is fully wrapped. Repeat with the remaining sheets
7. Enjoy! Eat right away.
What you will need for peanut sauce:
Instructions for peanut sauce:
- In a bowl whisk all the peanut sauce ingredients until smooth.
- Top with peanuts and sesame seeds (optional) and serve alongside rolls.
How to make summer rolls with peanut sauce recipe video: