We don’t know about you but we’re in love with Gordon Ramsay’s cooking and prepping style. That’s why we decided to make a video following his advice on how to joint a chicken with the most important tip being, let the good, sharp knife do the work.
- Spread the chicken’s legs and pierce the skin between the leg and the breast.
- Pull the leg back with your hand on top of the breast to keep it steady.
- Pop the bone out of the joint and then slice through.
- Repeat the same with the other leg.
- Locate the knuckle between the drum and the thigh, then slice through.
- Scrape the tendons off the leg’s bone and chop the end off.
- Keep the knuckles for stock.
- Pull the wings out, feel for the joint and slice through.
- Do the same with both wings.
- For the breasts slice down and cut through for a clean cut, not around the wishbone.
- Repeat the same on the other side.